Creating A Simpler Life And Overcoming Overwhelm
Keep It Super Simple – Tips from a Recovering Perfectionist
When it comes to creating a simpler life there’s many things that can impact us. This highly engaging book by award winning business woman and author Bronwen Sciortino, offers a brilliantly simple approach to overcoming overwhelm and living a life with less stress and more resilience.
Described as ‘chocolate for the soul’ …. ‘Keep It Super Simple’:
– shows you how to live life differently, every day;
– shows you how to find the best ways to recharge YOUR energy so you can stop being exhausted all the time;
– shows you the importance of creating your values, align your life to them & live every day being true to you;
– shows you how to minimise the impact of FOMO & YOLO on your life;
– provides you with simple steps to help you make sure you’re doing the things that are aligned with who you are;
– shows you how to step away from stress & live a life that is calm & full of energy;
– shows you how you can easily implement simple steps that empower you in YOUR life;
– gives you confidence that there IS light at the end of the tunnel;
– shows you how to be yourself whilst limiting the impact of shame, guilt & recriminations from others;
– shows you how to understand YOUR path to success so you can boldly step into the thick of YOUR life;
– neatly fits in your bag so you can easily take it with everywhere you go;
– workbook style – space for journaling and recording ‘Ah-ha’ moments in every chapter;
– you can build on your thoughts, comments & feelings – almost like a diary;
– use it as a reference in every day situations – a little ‘how-to-do’ that’s always with you.Hello book lovers! Today is a day where I will be writing another author spotlight for a well-accomplished author whose work I have loved. As you know book lovers I love learning about authors and the inspiration behind their work, it fascinates me and adds to the depth of the book because the reader will be able to better understand it. That is how the author spotlights were created because I soon discovered that you lovely readers ALSO love learning about author’s, so I am excited to tell you a little bit more about author Bronwen A. Sciortino whose book Keep it Super Simple entertained as well as informed me from beginning to end. I personally would recommend this book to all of those that love self-help books but really the book can be read by anybody as it is flawlessly written and highly enjoyable. With today’s author spotlight for Bronwen A. Sciortino, a biography of the author and an interview between me and Bronwen will be shared, and I hope that you book lovers enjoy reading it! To kick this off here is an author bio about the wonderful Bronwen A. Sciortino!
Bronwen Sciortino is an internationally renowned Author, Simplicity Expert and Professional Speaker who spent almost two decades as a high-powered, award winning executive before experiencing a life-changing event that forced her to stop and ask the question “What if there’s a better way to live?”
As part of her recovery, Bronwen wrote the book ‘Keep It Super Simple – Tips from a Recovering Perfectionist’ and now spends every day teaching people there are other ways to live so they can reduce stress, build resilience and easily make changes in their everyday lives – building to a more meaningful life and improved mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Bronwen blogs regularly for global platforms, has been featured in ‘The Book of Amazing People’, ‘Reboot Your Life – Phoenix Edition’, and ‘Successful Women in Business – Winners Edition’, and has a monthly column for My Wellbeing Magazine.com. She is regularly invited as a guest interviewee on blogs, podcasts and member sites situated throughout the world.
Bronwen works with people globally through corporate programs, conference platforms, retreats, professional mentoring and in the online environment. She shares her secrets to success and inspires individuals to simplify their lives and embrace the concept of an economy of enough.
Now, how wonderful does Bronwen A. Sciortino sound?! Bronwen is a truly exceptional writer and I hope that you lovely readers have a read of Bronwen’s work because you will not regret it! Please see below an interview between me and Bronwen, I hope that you enjoy Bronwen’s answers to my questions, they are incredible and provide some great advice too!
‘Keep It Super Simple – Tips from a Recovering Perfectionist’ is a self-help/inspirational book that focuses on giving the reader an insight into why we allow our lives to be so complex and then follows it up with simple, yet practical steps for them to follow to understand themselves and create easy and effective ways to make changes for their life. When it comes to creating a simpler life there’s many things that can impact us. Keep It Super Simple offers a brilliantly simple approach to overcoming overwhelm and living a life with less stress and more resilience.
I wrote this book when I was recovering from a complete breakdown. I pushed myself way too hard for way too long until I collapsed and couldn’t get back up again. My world shattered around me in a matter of minutes and I went from being an award-winning executive to being on the floor, unable to stop crying and unable to participate in even the basics of life. As I recovered, I was given the opportunity to gain an incredible view into the way we live our lives, how we get ourselves to where we are and what goes together to make us tick. One of the things I discovered about myself was that I was terrified of writing anything personal down, so I had never journaled at any time in my life. As with most fears when they are discovered during therapy, overcoming this fear became homework for me! So, I started journaling – and as I journaled, and I talked to people about the things I was writing about more and more people told me that I had to turn the journals into a book – that the world desperately needed to be healed by my words.
Out of the turmoil ‘Keep It Super Simple’ was born and it now weaves its magic throughout the world – I’m constantly humbled by the response from people all over the world and I am always curious to see where it pops its head up next.
Everyone has at least one book in them. I meet so many people who think I’m amazing because I’ve written a book – my response to them is always that I was no different to them until I put my words on paper.
Writing a book is a process. When you have a great structure to follow and you put all of your doubts and emotions to the side, everyone has the capacity to write a book. How much it means to you to become an author will determine whether you take the steps to get there.
Belief that there is someone in the world who needs to hear your words – that what you have to say is worthwhile. If you don’t have this belief, then you’ll probably find it easy to start writing but very difficult to get anything finished. It doesn’t matter what anyone else around you says or thinks – or what you think they think about what you’re writing – if you believe then your words will always find their way in the world.
One of the things I learned through my recovery was the importance of understanding how your energy flows. We’re all unique individuals so we all need something slightly different from the next person. My daily routine involves an early morning meditation followed by a short period of admin type tasks (like emails and social media). Then I engage in some form of movement (usually yoga, walking or a bike ride). Then a quick shower and some breakfast and I’m into my day. My creative/high energy time of the day is between 10am and 2pm so I usually spend this time in creative flow of some kind – most of my writing is done in this time frame.
I always write in a quiet, uncluttered space – I can’t have noise or music in the background or ‘stuff’ around me as I find it too distracting. 90% of the time my writing is done at my desk in my office – it’s what works for me.
Depending on what I’m writing – it might be a program, an article, advertisements for my marketing campaigns or a chapter for my next book – will determine what process I follow. I usually set up a program/campaign outcome guide for the programs and campaigns I write and then I follow that to create the content. If it’s an article, then it depends on whether there’s a specific topic I’ve been given or whether it is completely up to me – generally an article flows from the topic and I’m given the download I need for the words to form the article.
When I’m writing a book, I follow a specific process that allows me to capture all my ideas, separate them into topics and then into chapters and then I choose one topic at a time and write where the download flows.
10am – 2.00pm most Monday – Friday days are dedicated to creative time of some sort – writing comes first and then post-production work once the words are on the page. Ideas form for me at random times so I’ve created a process for making sure I can capture them no matter when they come to me. There are days when I make a decision that I want my creative flow to be in a different place and I spend this time unleashing my creativity in the kitchen instead of in the office.
I’m an eclectic soul so I read viraciously …. I love all sorts of genres and flit between different types of books and authors to keep myself interested. Some of my favourites include:
And just about every cooking book under the sun!
I’m writing all the time – I have articles and interviews published globally on all sorts of member platforms around the world – I always re-publish these articles through my social media platforms and also the sheIQ Life blog so readers can jump onto these places and delve into my words at any time.
Having said that – my next book is underway and is scheduled to be available in early November 2018 – if you join the Facebook and/or Instagram page now there will be a post soon about a way to sign up and get all the information about the book’s progression and first access when it goes on pre-sale. I’ve also got a ‘how to write a non-fiction book’ program under development which is not too far away from release.
Its official book lovers, I am obsessed with Bronwen A. Sciortino! If you have liked what you have read about Bronwen and are interested in learning more about Bronwen and reading Bronwen’s work, then please do have a browse of the links below and be sure to have a read of the preview too! You will not regret it.